You’re totally ready to do this!
You’re committed to:
- living a healthier lifestyle
- sleeping better
- eating less sugar
- reducing stress
- exercising everyday
So if you’re one of those people who likes to maximize your results (I mean, who doesn’t right?)—then watch the video.
Today I’m revealing the BEST time of day to workout that will burn the most amount of fat.
Mariah here from mariahdolan.com, your busy mom headquarters to help you love the skin you’re in, and before we get into the best time of day to workout for maximum fat loss—we need to address one important point.
Workout whenever you WILL!
There’s no sense in forcing yourself to get up at 4:30 in the morning to work out if you just keep hitting the snooze button.
Be realistic and pick a time that works the best for you AND your family’s schedule, because consistency is the MOST important factor when it comes to fat loss.
That being said the BEST time of day to workout iiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss…
In the morning.
Here’s 4 reasons why:
1. Cortisol which is a stress/activity hormone is naturally elevated shortly after waking and again around early evening. By working out first thing in the morning, you’re tapping into your body’s natural hormone production which will increase results without increasing effort.
2. Metabolism is raised for 2-3 hours after a workout. So if you work out in the evening, you may have a tough time unwinding from the day because you may be too revved up from your workout which leads into the next point.
3. Melatonin levels rise in early evening and remain high throughout the night. Melatonin is a hormone that helps regulate sleep. Again, let your body’s natural hormones work for you.
If you workout too close to bedtime, it can negatively affect your sleep. Sleep is when you recover from the day, so anything that messes with your sleep cycle will affect muscle recovery which equals poor results.
4. It’s scheduled! It becomes part of the daily routine. You get up, get it done, and you don’t have to think about it for the rest of the day. Yesssssss!
If you have kids, you know how crazy after work/school schedules are. There’s no way I could ever work out in the evening with four kids.
Trust me you get used to it, even if you’re NOT a morning person.
Now I want to hear from you.
When is your favorite time to workout and why? Let me know in the comments below.
Cheers to your health,