THIS is one of my favorite snacks: easy, healthy homemade hummus!
Store bought hummus is loaded with fat from olive oil and tahini. While you do need some healthy fat in your diet it’s easy to eat too much.
This recipe doesn’t add any extra fats so your waistline won’t suffer!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (or 2 cans)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water (or more for desired consistency)
- Blend all ingredients in food processor.
- Tastes great with raw vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
Have you ever made your own hummus? Let me know in the comments below.
Cheers to your health,
P.S. You may also want to check out this post: 6 Easy Healthy Late Night Snacks to Keep You Lean